Amazonas Association was registered in Zagreb in 2004 with the purpose of encouraging positive change and social activation.
Our goals are:
- to encourage the development of creative and social potentials of children, youth and adults
- to promote cultural and other diversity, tolerance and understanding
- to encourage a healthy lifestyle, physical activity and recreational sports
- to encourage social solidarity, enable socially excluded groups to be involved and actively participate in the community
- to prevent unacceptable behavior of children and young people
- to promote non-violence and peace-building
- to promote capoeira and other aspects of Afro-Brazilian culture
- to strengthen intercultural cooperation
- to encourage active participation and mobility of young people
Our activities are based on the implementation of programs and projects aimed at educating, empowering and increasing the quality of life of children, youth and adults in the local community. Through three areas of work – social support, active and mobile youth and movement and sports – we organize activities for active leisure, promote volunteering and involvement in the local community, organize workshops, education and trainings. Through capoeira and sports activities, we implement programs for the development of social skills of children and youth. In our work, we are largely focused on social groups at risk and with reduced opportunities (children and youth with behavioral problems, children and youth at risk, families at risk). In order to make our projects as successful and high quality as possible, we cooperate with many associations, institutions and centers in the country, region, Europe and the world.