From 21st to 30th of August, Amazonas is organizing a Erasmus+ youth exchange “Motion to release emotion”! Venue is Veli Lošinj, Croatia and it will last for nine days. It will gather 30 participants (16 – 30 years old) from 5 countries: Croatia, Ukraine, Kosovo, Czech Republic and Portugal.
On the beautiful Croatian island – Lošinj, we will be exploring various movement practices and techniques that can boost pleasant emotions as well as help us release the less pleasant ones.
Through the exchange youngsters will:
- Increase understanding of the impact of physical activities on mental health and wellbeing
- Raise emotional, behavioural and body awareness
- Exchange various movement practices
- Create movement related rituals that can be used in everyday life, to achieve emotional balance
- Collaborate with young people from five different countries
Emotional awareness helps us know what we need and want (or don’t want!). It helps us build better relationships. That’s because being aware of our emotions can help us talk about feelings more clearly, avoid or resolve conflicts better, and move past difficult feelings more easily.
Emotional awareness is the first step toward building emotional balance, also referred to as emotional self-control. People with strengths in emotional balance find ways to manage their impulses and emotions, even in stressful situations.
With this project, we want to empower young people for dealing with everyday challenges, by raising their emotional awareness and motivating them to use physical activities to achieve emotional balance.
For more information, read the Infopack and register by July 9 at 23:59!